As professional jewelry and coin appraisers, we charge for our services based upon an hourly rate or a per-item fee. We do not charge by a percentage of the appraised value.
Our fees are based on the amount of work necessary, the complexity of the items and the required research to complete a fully comprehensive report, or for a contracted amount based on an estimate of the time involved. We are more than happy to provide an estimate at the time you set up your appraisal appointment. For your peace of mind, all fees will be firmly established at your appointment before the appraisal is performed.
- Consultation Services are based on $175 per hour with a $175 minimum charge. A non-refundable deposit is required for all consultation appointments.
- Insurance Appraisals are based on $175 per hour with a minimum charge of $200. Appraisals with multiple or complex items, such as diamonds over 1.00 ct, multi-stone items (both diamonds and/or colored gemstones), antique or vintage period pieces, trademarked items (such as Tiffany, Cartier, etc.), rare coins, pocket watches and high-end watches take longer to examine and research and are billed at the hourly rate.
- Resale or Liquidation Appraisals are based on an hourly rate of $200 per hour with a $225 minimum appraisal report fee.
- Estate or Probate Appraisals are based on an hourly rate of $225 per hour with a $250 minimum appraisal report fee.
- Charitable Contribution Appraisals are based on an hourly rate of $225 per hour with a $250 minimum appraisal report fee.
- Equitable Distribution Appraisals are based on an hourly rate of $225 per hour with a $250 minimum appraisal report fee.
- Divorce Appraisals are based on an hourly rate of $225 per hour with a $250 minimum appraisal report fee.
- Concierge Service Concierge Service (travel to your home, office, bank or attorney's office) is based on $300.00 per hour (minimum charge of 4 hours), plus all other reasonable expenses (such as additional travel costs, meals, and hotel accomodations) which are incurred in the course of performing the assigned duties. Concierge Service rate includes portal-to-portal travel (50-mile travel one-way), gemolocial labatory set up and breakdown, item identification, examination, testing, and photography. Research and report writing for the specific type of report is charged at the stated hourly rates above.
Please contact us for our fee schedule regarding Litigation Support, Expert Witness Testimony, and Out-of-Town Travel.
Your appraisal will include a detailed description of the item(s) of jewelry, which includes gemstone identification, color and clarity grading, measurements, their calculated weights, plotting diagrams for major gemstones, quality and condition assessment of the mounting, metal testing, as well as numerous digital photographs. Our appraisals are accepted by all insurance companies and conforms to the Uniform Standards of Professional Appraisal Practice (USPAP).